Where in the world is . . . Corley?

sharing my travel experiences with friends and family
Click Here for My Pics

Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 3 in KL

Today was the first day at the TI plant. As all my days will begin...I had breakfast at the hotel. There is a shuttle that takes us from the hotel to the TI plant. On this trip I got to meet the Training Managers from the Philippines and Taiwan....So great to meet them.

Going to work at TI Malaysia is really no different than going to work at TI Dallas. We badge in the same way...have shoe covers...have security at the gate. We had a meeting and then worked on our project. The group enjoyed lunch in the cafeteria. Not too bad. I had my first training in the afternoon. The participants asked a lot of questions and seemed eager to begin using our training system.

After work we headed to a Japanese restaurant. Sushi buffet....yeah its for real. All the sushi you can eat, one low price. I had the usual...salmon, eel, tuna, yellowtail. I was also adventurous and tried some things that I didn't recognize. Dinner was great. I finished off the evening with a lychee martini at the skybar on the top of the traders hotel. What a view!!! Check out the picture of the Twin Towers at night.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Schisslers (Phase II) said...

Hey bones! I laughed so hard when I read about your first day!!!!! It sounds like you're having a great time and having a wonderful experience (I hope you found some money). Just wanted to catch you up from back here in the states. My interview at St. Vincent's went really well. They have a pretty nice set up. The director of personnel and operations already emailed me to find out about some dates that I need off (I hope this means they are going to offer me a job soon!). The other facilities that I toured were alright, but I really fell in love with St. Vincent's. I hope all the dates line up and I can start at the end of March. Well, I'll keep you informed.....Stay safe and have a great time!

Love,
phase II

11:42 AM  
Blogger matt said...

I'm jealous you're having sushi w/o me! Did they have the Tear Drop on the menu? Just curious since you said you were feeling adventurous.

Awesome picture of the towers at night from the skybar! So what you're saying is that Kuala Lumpur might be a little nicer than say, Bangalore, India?

Miss you! Call when you can!

2:29 PM  
Blogger The Schisslers (Phase II) said...

Hey, did you feel the earthquakes?

3:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Corley!
Glad you're having fun and trying all sorts of great things. Keep it up! Just be prepared, you never know what the locals might offer you :)
Safe travels friend!
-Stephanie

5:17 PM  
Blogger bilzo said...

sounds like fun corley. wish i could have fit in your suitcase.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home