Day 2 in KL
I started with the complimentary breakfast in the hotel. Surprisingly delicious. Greg and I headed out to explore Kuala Lumpur. We went to the KLCC. (Kuala Lumpur City Centre) This is one of the biggest malls I have ever been in. KLCC has all of the shops we have in the states and more. I didn't buy much because the prices are not any cheaper than home.
After that we went and had lunch at Pizza Hut...just thought it would be good to try some American food. It was pretty similar except they served soup with the pizza. We went to a nearby shopping center (Ampang Park) and did some more shopping. This shopping center was more authentic than KLCC. There was a Malaysian market in Ampang Park. Had to pick up some bottled water. It was pretty interesting shopping in the "grocery store".
I rested at the hotel for a little while. Around 5pm Greg and I took a taxi to the local Catholic Church, St. John's Cathedral. The cathedral was "open air". No A/C, a bird flying around, fans lining the walls. Mass was just like it is in the states. After Mass we took a walk around the property. A local, Lawrence, and his mother asked if we needed a ride. I hesitated, but adventurous Greg decided...Why not? Lawrence and his mother drove us to Bukit Batang. On the drive we talked about American politics and Malay politics.
Once we reached Bukit Batang, the sun began to set. We walked up and down the street looking at vendor kiosks. I picked up some gifts for my nieces....got a deal! Greg also got a deal...on a Faux-lex. Gotta love this city!
3 Comments:
Ms. Blogger - What an awesome weekend. I am so jealous. Too bad you have to go to work tomorrow... Hope you are having fun. Keep us updated.
Love,
E-Bo
Aunt Corley - I wish I was there with you so that I could chase the monkeys.
Love,
Maury
This blog and the pictures are sooo cool! Malaysia looks beautiful. I was a tad worried when I saw the "clean your own (public) bathroom" post (ew!) during your layover, but I trust you have been able to rise above and haven't had to resort to a taped hem. Let me know how the shark fin soup tastes! Thanks for sharing. - Mamie
wow! awesome pictures!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home